NATRUE is pleased to announce its involvement in the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit, taking place in Paris from 30th October to 1st November. The summit is devised for key stakeholders and senior executives in the beauty, and this year’s edition will focus on discussing the various impacts of cosmetic and personal care products. The Sustainable Cosmetics Summit will feature green ingredients, sustainability metrics and biodiversity and customer impacts.
Moreover, NATRUE is happy to announce that on 30th October, Dr Mark Smith, NATRUE Director General, will be part of the Sustainable Beauty Awards once again. Since 2013, the Sustainable Beauty Awards have been giving recognition to operators who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry.
Some highlights of the agenda include:
- Measuring impacts of personal care products: for the first time, the summit will give detailed insights into how sustainability associated impacts of personal care products are measured.
- Climate-friendly cosmetics: The climate emergency is putting pressure on cosmetic companies to reduce their carbon emission. Details will be given of NATRUE’s certification scheme, which is gaining traction with cosmetic brands.
- Regenerative agriculture: A growing number of cosmetic and raw materials firms are looking to adopt regenerative agriculture because of its sustainability merits. The summit will give details of the cosmetic raw materials it is growing according to regenerative agriculture, which improves soil fertility, enhances biodiversity, and can have socio-economic benefits.
- Biodiversity impacts: an industry expert will discuss the implications of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework, especially in terms of sourcing cosmetic ingredients.
- Regulations Update: details will be given of the new WU deforestation-free regulation, which ensures products sold in Europe do not come from deforested or degraded land. Moreover, since greenwashing is a major issue in the cosmetics industry, experts will provide some keys about the EU Green Claims directive.
Save the date: Sustainable Cosmetics Summit;
30th Oct – 1st November 2023
Since 2009, the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit has been covering sustainability issues in the cosmetic and personal care industry. For more information, please follow this link. You can read the official press release here.